On these pages S'Roya shares Esoteric knowledge and Psychic awareness...
book with S'ROYA...
The art of Tea Leaf Reading
Where Does Intuition Come From?
Have You Ever
Had a Hunch?
At some point in your life, you've probably had a gut feeling, a hunch, or just knew something. That was your intuition guiding you.
Intuition is an inner knowing that comes in the form of gut feelings,
that "little voice," hunches, and a sense of knowing.
As I was preparing to write this article, a television program about people surviving harrowing situations caught my attention. I noticed a common thread in each story of survival: Intuition played a role.
After noticing this trend, I spent a month researching as many survival stories as I could find. In each story that I found, people said things like:
- Something told me to do (or not do) this
- I just knew that I had to do that
- Something stopped me from (taking a certain action that would have led to danger)
As I sat watching these documentaries, I wanted to shout: That something is your intuition! But where does intuition come from? Let's find out:
So Where Does Intuition Come From?
This can be answered in two parts:
1) Our Higher Self and 2) Spirit Guides.
Everyone has a Higher Self and a spiritual team that includes spirit guides and teachers, guardian angels, therefore: Everyone has intuition!
While many people associate sudden, strong intuitive feelings with keeping them out of danger, the truth is that intuition can help us with all sorts of everyday things such as:
- Knowing who to trust. For example, knowing you shouldn't let your daughter hang around with the new kid in the class.
- A feeling that this is the wrong time to buy a new car, even though everything makes sense financially.
- A feeling that you should throw some extra business cards in your purse (only to later run into some people at the gym who have been looking for the exact product or service that you provide).
Intuitive nudges are how our Higher Self and spirit guides connect with us.
1. Higher Self
The term Higher Self confuses some people, but it need not be confusing at all. When people use the term Higher Self, they are referring to the soul. It is also known as your Authentic Self or Inner Being. These terms all mean the same thing, so we'll use them interchangeably moving forward.
We are all spiritual beings. When we are born, we are still very much aware of our connection to Source. This is the loving, non-physical energy that we derived from before we chose to reincarnate into a physical body once again.
Simply put, your Higher Self is your soul self. It resides in the ether and you are always connected to it. Nothing can break your connection with your Higher Self because it is you - it's the nonphysical part of you. Even when you are not aware of the connection (as many aren't), it's still there.
Your Higher Self is the complete and true essence of you; it's whole, perfect, loving, and carries all of your past life memories, as well as a basic "blueprint" of all the things you desire to experience and accomplish in this lifetime. Your soul is an infinite, nonphysical energetic being.
Because of this, your Higher Self communicates with you by giving you intuitive feelings that help keep you on track.
- When you have a good vibe about something, this is your Higher Self connecting with you through your intuition saying Yes! This person or situation is in alignment with what you really want.
- When you have a bad vibe about something or someone, this is your Higher Self telling you No! This is taking you off track of what you really want or there is danger - steer clear!
Note: Even though you have a basic blueprint for your life of things you'd like to accomplish and/or experience, you always have free will. Every moment of your life is not scripted out like that of a movie. Free will reigns.
2. Your Spirit Guides
Part two of the answer to the question where does intuition come from is: Spirit guides and Angels.
Spirit guides and Angels are the loving spiritual beings who are working magic behind the scenes to help you accomplish the things you set out to do before you incarnated. They are truly our cheerleaders in spirit!
Just like your Higher Self, they connect with you via intuitive thoughts and feelings.
Spirit guides help and support you in all areas of life and can help with anything from getting a great parking space to putting the exact right person in your path that leads to your dream job. They are the movers and shakers of the Universe.
- We each have a main spirit guide that stays with us for life. These are souls who were previously incarnated that we have a soul connection with.
- We have other spirit guides who assist us with other aspects of life, such as career choice, love partner or parenting.
- Spirit guides can come in and out of our lives. Some are with us for a short time, and some stay with us for a long time, depending on our needs.
- It's also okay to request a spirit guide who has a particular skill set to help with a specific issue. When I was preparing my taxes recently and felt confused, I asked for a financial guide to come in and help me. My Higher Self is cool and all, but it's doesn't have the expertise that a financial guide does! So I called one in to guide me.
In addition to your spirit guides, you have many other members of your spiritual "team." There are masters, teachers, and of course, your loved ones in the spirit realms!
Your soul and spirit guides will love and support you in all ways. A great first step in learning to use and trust your intuition is to take baby steps. Ask for intuitive guidance on a small issue, put your logic aside for a few moments, let go and trust what you are feeling. Wait for the guidance. You may get a feeling to go somewhere, talk to someone, to pick up a book, or buy something. Trust it and see what happens. NEXT...
Subscribe to my monthly Newsletter
Having a list of psychic abilities and how they work is a must if you're interested in learning about the different types of Psychic gifts.
THE 4 CLAIRS
These are the ways we receive intuitive guidance.
- CLAIRVOYANCE clear seeing
CLAIRAUDIENCE clear hearing
CLAIRSENTIENCE clear feeling
With practice, you can learn to develop all your senses, but usually one or two are stronger than the others.